WESNET is Australia’s peak women’s organisation working to eliminate domestic and family violence.
WESNET works to minimise the harm to women and their children from domestic and family violence by advancing responses that:
- Ensure the safety of women and children;
- Empower them to live free of violence; and
- Improve the social, political and economic status of women.
In addition to our role as a peak body, we have two programs:
- The SafetyNet Australia program provides training and expert advice to agencies working with women experiencing technology-facilitated abuse and also plays a key role in the WESNET/Telstra Safe Connections program that provides new Smartphones to women experiencing domestic and family violence and other forms of violence against women. For more information visit www.techsafety.org.au
- The Australian Women Against Violence Alliance (AWAVA) is one of five National Women’s Alliances funded by the Australian Government. AWAVA’s key area of focus is combating all forms of violence against women, to ‘ensure that all women and children are able to live free from all forms of violence and abuse’. The Alliance recognises that gender violence is both a consequence and cause of gender inequality in all sectors of society and so it must be addressed by promoting women’s rights and social, political and economic equality. For more information see www.awava.org.au
Admin and Communications Assistant (AWAVA) closing 7 October 2019
The Australian Women Against Violence Alliance (AWAVA) is one of the six National Women’s Alliances funded by the Australian Government. AWAVA works towards ensuring that all women and their children are able to live free from all forms of violence and abuse. AWAVA’s auspicing body is WESNET.
We are seeking a part time (30 hours per fortnight) Admin and Communications Assistant to join the AWAVA team based in our Canberra office. The position is linked to the SCHCADS 2010 Award (MA000100) Level 3.2 ($30.63 per hour).
The Administration and Communications Assistant will provide administrative, organisational, and communication support to the program staff, AWAVA Advisory Group and WESNET as auspicing body, to deliver the aims and objectives of AWAVA.
On a day-to-day basis the Administration and Communications Assistant will provide general support, undertaking administrative, organisational and communication tasks as directed and supervised by the Program Manager.
How to apply
- The position description is available as a PDF version here. If you need an accessible word version please email us email@example.com.
- For any enquiries please contact Merrindahl Andrew by email via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your application by email to email@example.com including a cover letter and your claims against the key selection criteria, and CV with two referees by 9am on Monday 7 October 2019. A single PDF is preferred.
- Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.