WESNET is Australia’s peak women’s organisation working to eliminate domestic and family violence.
WESNET works to minimise the harm to women and their children from domestic and family violence by advancing responses that:
- Ensure the safety of women and children;
- Empower them to live free of violence; and
- Improve the social, political and economic status of women.
In addition to our role as a peak body, we have two programs:
- The SafetyNet Australia program provides training and expert advice to agencies working with women experiencing technology-facilitated abuse and also plays a key role in the WESNET/Telstra Safe Connections program that provides new Smartphones to women experiencing domestic and family violence and other forms of violence against women.
- The Australian Women Against Violence Alliance (AWAVA) is one of five National Women’s Alliances funded by the Australian Government. AWAVA’s key area of focus is combating all forms of violence against women, to ‘ensure that all women and children are able to live free from all forms of violence and abuse’. The Alliance recognises that gender violence is both a consequence and cause of gender inequality in all sectors of society and so it must be addressed by promoting women’s rights and social, political and economic equality. For more information see www.awava.org.au
There are currently no positions open.
The following position recently closed.
WESNET is seeking an Admin Assistant to join the SafetyNet Australia project team in our Bendigo office. The position is linked to the SCHCADS (MA000100) Level 3.1.
This position is advertised on SEEK.com here.
Please download the Position Description here.
How to apply
Please provide a brief covering letter including 2-3 pages addressing the selection criteria and your resume with 2 referees and email to jobs [at] wesnet.org.au.
NB: applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.