WESNET’s objectives are to:
- Provide leadership as a national women’s peak advocacy body in relation to domestic and family violence.
- Contribute to and monitor policies, legislation and programs which impact on women and children experiencing domestic and family violence.’
- Promote equity of access to services for all women including Aboriginal women, Torres Strait Islander women, women from immigrant, refugee and/or non-English speaking background, women in rural and isolated areas, older women, young women and women with a disability, and give issues relating to equity of access highest priority.
- Promote community awareness of violence against women and its personal and social consequences at a national level and support and facilitate the community education role of services at a local level.
- Undertake research relating to the provision of support and accommodation services for women and children escaping violence and for women using SAAP funded services for other reasons.
- Build and promote collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure a viable, well governed and credible organisation representing WESNET members nationally.